Emergency Veterinary Service
of Iowa City
319-338-3605 or 319-351-4256
- Why you may be referred to our clinic:
- Your regular veterinarian is closed
- Your veterinarian would like advanced diagnostics performed such as ultrasound, endoscopy or specialized bloodwork
- For critical care monitoring of your pet after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Services offered:
- Dedicated ICU (intensive care unit)
- Digital X-Ray
- Digital Dental X-Ray
- In-House Laboratory
- Blood Transfusions
- Continuous Oxygen Delivery Capabilities
- IV Fluid Pumps
- Parenteral nutrition
- Critical care ventilator
- Please use caution when handling a sick or injured pet as they are more likely to bite or scratch. You may want to wrap your pet in a towel in order to protect yourself when transporting.
The Emergency Veterinary Service of Iowa City (EVSIC) is a critical care hospital designed to assist you with your pet emergencies when your veterinarian is unavailable. We are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet your emergency veterinary needs and our highly trained doctors and staff are here to provide personalized, compassionate, critical care for your pet.
Fees & Policies
EVSIC does expect payment at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks and major credit/debit cards. Payment plans are administered through CareCredit.
The emergency fee is $88.40. This covers the initial exam. Any other diagnostics, treatment, and/or medications are at regular hospital prices and all fees will be discussed with you prior to service.
- Hit by Car
- Difficulty Urinating
- Trouble Breathing
- Allergic Reactions
- Toxin Ingestion